Decision day at the 2015 470 Worlds, with 2 more races to decide the top ten medal teams and the all important Olympic qualification places.
Yesterday, two new series leaders changed the scene at the top of the leaderboard, but there is absolutely nothing in it pointswise between the the top teams. Today's opening race will define the lay of the land for the medal race and Olympic qualification - there can be no second row start.
Forecast is for the breeze to build to around 11 knots by 1400 hours and then ease off. Take a look at the day's weather forecast and check the Noticeboard for all formal communications to competitors.
Take a read of the day 4 press release for the latest race update.
Racing Schedule for Friday 16 October 2015
Two races scheduled for all fleets, with the 470 Men Gold starting first at 1300 hours, followed by the 470 Men Silver and 470 Women. Follow the live race updates for details on starts, mark roundings and finishing order.
470 Men – Results after 9 Races
1. Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom (SWE 349) - 39 pts
2. Sime Fantela/Igor Marenic (CRO 83) - 39 pts
3. Mathew Belcher/Will Ryan (AUS 11) - 41 pts
4. Pavel Sozykin/Denis Gribanov (RUS 5) - 41 pts
5. Jordi Xammar/Joan Herp (ESP 44) - 46 pts
6. Joonas Lindgren/Niklas Lindgren (FIN 7) - 52 pts
7. Ferdinand Gerz/Oliver Szymanski (GER 10) - 54 pts
8. Luke Patience/Elliot Willis (GBR 868) - 64 pts
9. Carl-Fredrik Fock/Marcus Dackhammar (SWE 350) - 64 pts
10. Onán Barreiros Rodríguez/Juan Curbelo Cabrera (ESP 9) - 65 pts
470 Women – Results after 8 Races
1. Hannah Mills/Saskia Clark (GBR 118) - 30 pts
2. Lara Vadlau/Jolanta Ogar (AUT 431) - 31 pts
3. Camille Lecointre/Helene Defrance (FRA 9) - 47 pts
4. Jo Aleh/Polly Powrie (NZL 75) - 50 pts
5. Anne Haeger/Briana Provancha (USA 1712) - 50 pts
6. Agnieszka Skrzypulec/Irmina Mrozek Gliszczynska (POL 11) - 56 pts
7. Afrodite Kyranakou/Anneloes Van Veen (NED 216) - 71 pts
8. Annika Bochmann/Marlene Steinherr (GER 72) - 76 pts
9. Marina Gallego/Fatima Reyes (ESP 33) - 80 pts
10. Sofia Toro/Laura Sarasola (ESP 113) - 113 pts
470 World Championship Format
Racing gets underway on Monday 12 October, with a qualifying and final series for the 470 Men who will be split into two fleets for the 11 races followed by the Medal Race for the top ten teams. The 470 Women will race a single series of 10 races before the top ten advance to the Medal Race on Saturday 17 October.
Rio 2016 Olympic Qualification
The 2015 470 World Championships is an Olympic Qualification event for the Rio 2016 Olympics, with 6 nation places on offer in the 470 Men and 3 in the 470 Women. Find out more about qualification for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and details of nations already qualified.
Entry Lists - http://2015worlds.470.org/en/default/races/race-inscriptions
Results - http://2015worlds.470.org/en/default/races/race-resultsall
Official Noticeboard - http://2015worlds.470.org/en/default/toa/race
Live Race Updates - http://2015worlds.470.org/en/default/races/race-directcomplet
Amir Weizman of Aquazoom (www.aquazoom.co.il) has been appointed by the local Organizing Committee as the Official Championship Photographer and Videographer and can be contacted on email@example.com.
High resolution images are available on request.
Media enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
International 470 Class Association on Facebook will bring you regular updates at www.facebook.com/470olympicsailing
Follow the 2015 470 World Championship at http://2015worlds.470.org